Thursday, March 19, 2009

Butterick, Connie Crawford

My " muslin ". This is an old knit fabric. I made Annie a dress from it when she was a young teen. I need to make it a size smaller, as I had tried to give it some shrink room, and it didn't shrink. It doesn't look like it, but it is shaped a bit. It's noticeable when it's on. We could play a game to see who can find the most mistakes. That's the beauty of a muslin. Hopefully, the real thing will be minus these mistakes. I think this is the first muslin I've ever made. Never wanted to take the time, and all the extra work. But, I would like to get a good pattern going that fit decently and that I liked.

2 comments:

carol said...

I think you did a good job.....now for one you will wear since this one is too big according to you.....

Teresa said...

Nice. I know it's no fun spending time on one you don't expect to wear but it's worth it if you're going to use the pattern over and over.

Reborn Baby

Reborn Baby
Here's another one I created